The ability for you to get the best egg incubator read more in the market is one of the initial and mandatory steps that will set your hatching program on the pathway to success. This is because the success of your hatching program will be hampered even if you have fertile eggs in place because the incubator will determine the kind and quality of the incubating conditions that the eggs will be subjected to as they incubate.
At the moment, the market has many good incubators that you can choose from at every level of your hatching project. Whether you are doing substance or commercial hatching, you will always land an incubator that will serve you optimally at every stage of the way. This article seeks to review some of the top 3 best egg incubators on the market. We shall examine these three incubators from different manufacturers and outline their strengths, weaknesses and main features so that you can be better placed to make the right decision.
- HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo
This is one of the best types of egg incubators that we have on the market and it is suitable for educational, subsistence and light commercial projects. The incubator comes as a complete combo that comprises the following: a forced air fan kit; a digital thermometer and hygrometer; an egg turner and; the incubator.
- A 12-month guarantee
- It turns the eggs automatically six times daily
- It has a see-through window that enables you to observe the progress without having to open it
- Automatic warning signs when you need to make adjustments
- Can hold up to 41 chicken size eggs
- Long-term value for money through a hassle-free 12-month guarantee
- It is easy to clean
- It maintains constant temperature levels
- A sizable viewing window for easier observation
- A balance air supply throughout the incubator
- No hassles turning eggs manually
- Better supply of fresh air in the incubator
- Low quality thermometer and hygrometer
- A bit hectic trying to get the right level of temperature and humidity
- Fall Harvest Product Circulated Air Incubator
This incubator is uniquely designed with portability in mind and it is a compact choice with a built-in air circulation system. It is one of the best manual incubators on the market today.
- A built-in circulation fan
- Has a capacity for 52 eggs
- It is easy to clean
- Has larger viewing windows
- Suitable for education purposes
- Uses a 115-volt current
- Easy to clean
- Easy to view incubation progress due to larger viewing windows
- It is durable
- Easy to add water
- Very easy to operate especially for first-timers
- Does not come with hygrometers and thermometers
- It does not come with an egg turner
- Hassles having to turn eggs manually
- The Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance Egg Incubator
This is one of the best automatic egg turning incubators. It is fitted with a digital control system and it is suitable for small scale farmers.
- Automatic egg turning
- Non thermal foam build
- Forced air fan
- Has capacity for 24 eggs
- Accommodates different egg sizes
- Can accommodate a humidity pump
- Ease to dismantle and clean
- Better temperature and humidity control
- It has a digital control reader
- Slightly expensive
- It lacks backlights for nighttime checks hence it is not easy to see inside
There you are with the 3 best egg incubators on the market in 2016. These three brands are from established manufacturers and are suited for different needs and have varying benefits and features from which you can choose. If you are seeking to get an egg incubator for subsistence, learning or light commercial purposes, then you have three strong options to choose from.